Data protection (Social Media)
AppCon AG is active and present within social networks and other platforms in order to communicate with interested parties and users there and to inform them about offers. In order to comply with the obligation of transparency, we inform about the processing and use of your personal data, as far as this is known.
LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland (hereinafter “LinkedIn”) is responsible for processing the personal data provided by the visitor when visiting our LinkedIn profile.
We collect, process and use your personal data exclusively in compliance with the principles described below and the requirements of the EU Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter “DSGVO”) and the Federal Data Protection Act applicable to Appcon (hereinafter together with DSGVO “applicable data protection provisions”). Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter “data subject”). This includes, for example, components such as your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, but also usage data, such as information about the time of your visit to our profile, the browser you used when doing so, and other data generated when visiting our profile.
2. scope of data collection, processing and use
We collect, process and use your personal data provided to us by LinkedIn only for the purposes of providing information on Appcon activities and networking with users registered with LinkedIn. This includes:
– the publication of information and news about our company, brand, Appcon products and services,
– the interaction and communication with users registered on LinkedIn,
– the marketing of our offerings and products
– the placement of advertisements on LinkedIn.
In this context, your personal data is processed exclusively on the basis of Appcon’s applicable data protection provisions, i.e. specifically on the basis of your prior consideration given to Appcon or after consideration of legitimate interests in the individual case, as the case may be.
Insofar as we process personal data on the basis of consent, we will only do so as long as you do not object or revoke your consent.
Our LinkedIn presence is not directed at persons under the age of 16. We ask that individuals under the age of 16 do not provide personal data to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 16, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If you learn that a user of our profile is under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep this information strictly confidential. We will keep this information strictly confidential.
We would like to tell you exactly what data we collect and process about you in the following data protection information. If you have any questions about data protection, please contact email@example.com. You can find further information on the subject of data protection in our data protection declaration at www.appcon.ag/datenschutz.
1) LinkedIn collects personal data to evaluate user behavior. LinkedIn provides the operators of LinkedIn profile pages, such as Appcon, with Insight data in anonymized and aggregated form in order to evaluate the behavior of users in the course of their interaction with our site. In doing so, Appcon cannot identify any visitor to the LinkedIn profile page.
In addition, Appcon is provided with statistics on the source of the call to the LinkedIn profile, the type of end device via which an access was made, or the number of page views. As the operator of this LinkedIn profile, Appcon also receives anonymized statistical data (so-called analyses) from LinkedIn. Via this data, no conclusions can be drawn about the respective visitor, subscriber or registered user (hereinafter collectively referred to as “visitor”; in individual cases, only the group of persons to whom the respective facts relate will be named in the following). Nor can this statistical data obtained be linked to the profile data of our followers. We can only specify the categories of data and visitors according to which LinkedIn evaluates its data collection and makes it available in the form of anonymized statistics. This data is used by Appcon exclusively for the analysis of user behavior, so that we can better align our LinkedIn profile as well as our offer to the needs and interests of the visitors.
We use the analytics provided by LinkedIn to select relevant content for our posts on LinkedIn or to post targeted posts on the platform for appropriate groups and to offer informational materials for download. We only use the data provided to us by LinkedIn that is required for the purposes stated here. If further data is provided, it is not retrieved and thus not processed by us.
We only receive anonymized information and statistics if the visitor to our LinkedIn profile is registered with LinkedIn. However, we point out that as a result of the direct access to our LinkedIn profile, for example, by reading log files (for example, IP address) or setting cookies, by LinkedIn itself, a note of this data is possible.
The use of your data transmitted to us by LinkedIn is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO:
– to carry out data analyses
– to statistically record the use and performance of our LinkedIn page and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our information offering for you,
– to continuously improve and manage our information offering.
From the aforementioned points follows our legitimate interest according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. We have neither influence on the collection of data by LinkedIn nor on the data processing procedures existing at LinkedIn. We are also not aware of the scope of the data collection, the purposes of the processing or the storage periods. A forwarding of the data in anonymized statistics can therefore not be ruled out.
2) If you follow our LinkedIn profile as a registered user, LinkedIn adds your profile to the list of all followers of our profile. LinkedIn subsequently makes our posts available to you on your newsfeed. The list of our followers is left to Appcon by LinkedIn. However, this list only contains data that is public, i.e. information that is voluntarily provided by the visitor via his LinkedIn settings. Which this is in concrete terms is decided individually by the respective user in his LinkedIn settings. In addition, each visitor has the option in the LinkedIn settings to set their privacy individually. In addition, each visitor has the option of no longer following the Appcon’s profile. Then, his profile will no longer appear in the list of followers of our profile.
In addition, we can also assign interactions with our posts in the form of comments, likes and shares as well as activities on our profile pages to individual users.
The processing of this data serves the above-mentioned purpose and is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. a DSGVO on the basis of your voluntarily given consent by registering and logging in to LinkedIn.
The complete data collection, i.e. which data of a visitor LinkedIn collects in total and for which purposes these are processed by LinkedIn, is not known to us. The necessary information has not been provided to us by LinkedIn. We ask for your understanding that we can only inform you to the extent of our knowledge of the data processing in our area of responsibility and our influence on the data processing.
Furthermore, we point out that your data may also be processed outside the European Union and the European Economic Area. This may give rise to risks because, for example, it could make it more difficult to enforce users’ rights. The data protection declarations of the individual providers regulate this in more detail.
You can reach the data protection officer of LinkedIn under the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/ask/TSO-DPO.
You can obtain further information on data processing by LinkedIn at: https://privacy.linkedin.com/
4. right of information, objection and revocation
According to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a right to free information about the data stored about you. In addition, you can object to the creation of pseudonymized usage profiles for the purposes of advertising, market research or optimization of our website. You may revoke your consent to the collection, processing or use of your personal data at any time with effect for the future.
You have the right to,
– To receive information about the data stored about you – also insofar as it relates to the origin or recipient of this data – and the purpose of the storage of this data. Under LinkedIn settings, you have the option of downloading a copy of your information stored on LinkedIn;
– Have your data changed or corrected if it is incorrect. Under your LinkedIn settings, you have the option to correct your information stored on LinkedIn;
– Have your data deleted or blocked if the data storage was inadmissible or is no longer required for our further task fulfillment. Via the LinkedIn settings, you have the option of having your data stored with LinkedIn or your account deleted;
– object to or restrict the use of your data or revoke any consent you have given. To do so, please use the opt-out links mentioned above, the account delete link in the LinkedIn settings or contact LinkedIn’s data protection officer.
– Complain to a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is unlawful. To do so, please contact the data protection authority responsible for your place of residence or your federal state.
For data protection-related issues concerning LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, please contact LinkedIn’s data protection officer here.